- Avalanche Beacon
- Skiing or snowboarding equipment
- Backpack with extra layers, socks, gloves, etc.
- Probe and shovel (optional)
- Strong quads and friends who rarely complain
- Your resort skiing outerwear
- Base and mid-layer depending on the weather
- A helmet (optional, but highly recommended)
A word on powder skis and boards
Once upon a time, skis used to use 10-foot long planks. The skis got shorter as technology improved. And then, along with most Americans, skis got fatter.
If you still rock early 2000s skinnies, power to you. BUT, if you’d like to get the most out of PC Powder Cats, bring skis with at least 100 mm. underfoot.
Boarders, almost any snowboard will be adept in powder. Even still, consider bringing a powder or freeride board. They will a) Float better, b) Save energy, and c) Prevent those unexpected wipeouts where your nose dives under the snow.
Simply put: powder skis and boards = more fun for less work.
No items found
-said no one ever